Photography quote

It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours. ~James Lalropui Keivom


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Balancing Act

Its been one of those weeks where I'm trying to achieve balance, but it always seems to be just out of my reach. 

Getting quiet, much needed "me" time, but often at the expense of a good night's rest.

Trying to get a feel for working the gym into our lifestyle and daily routine, but accepting days where it just doesn't fit in. 

Enjoying some down time, but at the expense of the thousand things around the house that need constant up-keep.

Overall, not a bad week.... however I'm tired and I feel a little worn down.  I think its all a way of life reminding me to slow down a little, be a little gentler and kinder to myself, and know that in the big picture the world is not going to disintegrate if the floors aren't mopped or my social calendar is not brimming with activities.

There is wisdom in the balance, but I'm still a little wobbly as I try to embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment