Photography quote

It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours. ~James Lalropui Keivom


Sunday, August 21, 2011

August Break Day 19 and 20

Where does the time go?

Yesterday was a day off, yet a busy day of appointments, errands, and stealing a few minutes of simple moments with my little one. 

Oh, and he got a Chia Pet for his birthday in March (which, for the record, was an awesome gift for a 4 year old), which we finally got around to.... planting?  Waiting for the seeds to soak was torturous, but well worth it... they were so gooey and interesting on our fingers, and against the contrasting texture of the ceramic elephant.  Now waiting anxiously for growth....



Today was R & R.  We completely ignored our house chores until the very last moment before bedtime, while we lounged, and talked, and giggled, and lounged some more.  I finally got the chores done, with the second wind I always get around the time I should be drifting off to sleep.  I'll be reluctant to roll out of bed for my early morning tomorrow, but will smile to see a tidy house when I come downstairs.

I didn't get around to taking pictures today so I will give Day 20 a photograph from another day; another picture from our lovely evening in Capitola last month... He looks a little intense in this picture... but he gets that way sometimes.  And did I mention that he loves to whistle? 



Tomorrow I will pay one of our beloved babysitters a ridiculous amount of money to play with my charming little munchkin while I take an 8 hour wine tour in a limo with some girls, to celebrate my lovely friend's birthday.  It will be worth it and I do love giving our young friends a little extra spending money before they start their new school year (for most of them, it being their first year at college).  I have always wanted to do this wine tour, and time with good company, good wine, and beautiful scenery is always time well spent.

2 comments:

  1. My Sunday sounded like yours. I was pooped by bedtime but it was nice to wake up and have the house somewhat pulled together. I hate starting the week when you already feel behind.

    I love the photos. The outline of the sun is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wine tasting trip was as wonderful as it sounded~!

    ReplyDelete