Photography quote

It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours. ~James Lalropui Keivom


Saturday, August 13, 2011

August Break Day 13 and a Project



Last weekend, my son and I were cleaning up his room and I realized we were getting nowhere.... each area we cleaned up became a stack of stuff in another area, another "miscellaneous" bin, and another temptation to either throw everything he owns away in the middle of the night and blame it on trolls, or shove it all under the crawl space under his new bed. 

Solution: rearrange! 

This was fun, in the moving-heavy-furniture-by-yourself-while-maneuvering-around-random-piles-of-kid-junk-and-getting-sweat-in-your-eyes-but-having-a-vision kind of way. 

I've had a vision for my son's room ever since we moved in, but it just wasn't happening... I don't know, maybe the chi was off or something, but I think its finally set up right.  My favorite part of the new set-up is a little reading nook I was able to carve out of the new space.  It just needed a little something.... so I shamelessly copied an idea from Kelle Hampton's Enjoying the Small Things blog



And while my letters are only halfway done and it was a learn-as-you-go kind of process, we had fun with this little project. 



Hoping to finish up tomorrow and get the letters hung, buy a little bean bag or floor pillow, and get inspired to finish the next stage of Captain Fantastic's room... building a tree. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. i love those letters....we have them at our cottage and they spell LAUGH....we just painted them white and put them on a high shelf right when you walk in the door as a reminder to what one must do while at the cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I saw those READ letters on Kelle's blog and I totally want to do them too. Yours look great so far. Changing a room is a lot of work but so worth it. Post pics when you finish.

    ReplyDelete