Photography quote

It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours. ~James Lalropui Keivom


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Here I am....

Ok, so I haven't been the best at keeping up with this blog.  But, the good news is that it doesn't mean I haven't been persisting with my journey through my creative side! 

I've been cooking and baking, snapping pictures, playing with photo editors, taking trips and getting inspiration everywhere I go.  I'll try to be better about writing about it. :)

Last month I went to a local antique fair with my mom.  I LOVE antique fairs... there is so much amazing stuff that bring back memories and sweet nostalgia, and cool old stuff that makes me think about what they were used for and what were the people like who used to own them.  I especially love looking at old toys (I guess because all the toys I played with as a kid can now officially be called 'vintage'... yikes!) and old kitchen stuff.  I'm a sucker for bowls and cake stands. 


I love antique fairs and shops because it gives me inspiration.  It gives me a boost of energy with all of the ideas I come up with and projects I am mentally planning.  And even though I know I may never get around to refinishing that old shelf, or using the vintage fabric to make sweet little stuffed creatures or ever being in a position where I've baked enough cakes at the same time to warrant owning a collection of dessert stands, the possibility is still there and awakened as I peruse all of the amazing tables of STUFF.  I love stuff.

What kinds of things do you do for inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment